FOR A QUICKER SALE MAKE SURE YOUR HOUSE IS EXCITING!We don't get a second chance to make a good first immersion, most buyers look for homes that are well cared for and bright. In general, clean and spiffy.
CHECK LIST FOR FASTER SALES
- Lawns and Yard – remove clutter, cut grass, edge walks, trim hedges, weed gardens.
- Front of House – paint, fix or wash railings, steps, storms, screens &/or front door.
- Other Exterior – side or back door, gutters, wash window.
- Plumbing – repair dripping faucets, leaky toilets.
- Heating/Cooling – clean exterior or unit.
- Lights – replace all burned out bulbs, faulty switches.
- Halls & Stairs – remove any clutter to give wide appearance.
- Hardware – oil hinges, tighten door knobs, faucets.
- General Condition – dust, wash, paint, fix defects as required.
- Consider Feeling of Spaciousness – store unneeded items to “enlarge” room size.
- Kitchen – stove, refrigerator, sink should be spotless, all work space clear
- Bathrooms – neat, spotless and fresh. Repair broken putty around tub.
- Closets – untidy or over-crowded closets suggest inadequate storage space.
ARE RENOVATIONS REALLY WORTH THEIR COSTS?
DO RENOVATIONS PAY?
Type of renovation average percentage of recuperation of initial investment at the time of Resale*
- Adding an extra room 15’x25’ 62%
- Following the same style
- Completely remodeling the kitchen 84%
- Partially renovating the kitchen 90%
- Completely remodeling bathroom 5’x 7’ 74%
- Adding a 5’ x 7’ bathroom within existing space 104%
- Adding an energy saving prefab fireplace 155%
- Adding a 8’ x 13’ sunroom 87%
- Replacing 1500 s.f. of siding(vinyl or Aluminum) 114%
- Replacing 16 windows(wood, vinyl or aluminum) 69%
- Adding three 3’ x 3’ skylights 115%
- Replacing a 3000 s.f. roof with asphalt shingles 81%
- Adding an in-ground swimming pool 15’ x 32’ with
- Cement sidewalk, filter system & acc. 31%
- Adding a 16’ X 20’ treated wood deck 82%
- *renovations done 5 or 10 years ago have little or no value.
QUESTIONS THAT MAY HELP A HOME SELL FASTER
- Does the house or any part of the house need painting?
- Shall I reseed the lawn and get my landscaping in top shape?
- What about the screen? Any holes? What about the windows? Do they work well, or do they need attention?
- Does the carpet need cleaning? How about replacing?
- Are any pets under control at all times?
- Are all appliances in good working order?
- Should I stay out of the way during showings?
- What is the Buyer’s first impression of the exterior your home? Does the front door need painting or replacing?
- What is the Buyers first impression as they step inside my home? What can I do to improve it?
- Since the client will be looking in closets, should I take some of the clothes out to make them look roomier?
- Can I take items from kitchen cabinets & counters to make them more spacious?
- Is there any furniture I could store or dispose of to make rooms appear larger?
- Do any cabinets need to be touched up or refinished?
- Should I give my Real Estate Salesperson a list of things my family likes about the house & neighbourhood?
Langley Realtors, property for sale in Langley, Aldergrove.
Best Langley and Aldergrove Realtors. Search property for sale in Langley, Aldergrove. Langley realtors make sure clients is treated with the utmost care and attention.
Mobile: 604-837-5433 Phone: (604) 530-4141 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org